CDS Waste Management Ltd is committed to providing the highest standards in the provision of waste services to their customers. We have a commitment to providing a continuous service improvement programme that seeks to conserve natural resources and foster environmentally sound management of waste materials in our possession, this is in line with current National policy in the area.
This document is designed to communicate how we intend to provide household waste collection services to the public in a clear and concise fashion.
Customer Service Standards
- NWCPO Collection Permit Number: NWCPO-10-02542-0
- We will provide a regular and reliable collection service in a professional and environmentally sound manner.
- All service provision will be carried out in line with current local and national legislation and in line with sustainable waste management practices.
- We will provide you with timely, relevant and clear information regarding your collections, including temporary changes resulting from public holidays or adverse weather conditions.
- We will consider any reasonable special requests that an individual households may have.
- We will explain clearly what our service rules are and the reasons for them.
- We will respond to formal complaints we receive about our services in a timely and professional manner.
- We will ensure that there are no direct impediments to you switching your service provider should you so wish.
- We will design our service and carry out collections in a way that minimises litter or odour nuisance.
- We will collect as many materials for recycling as we can and explain to you what happens to them.
- We will offer all customers a minimum of a 2 bin collection service to facilitate the separate collection of recyclables and residual waste.
- Where not already available, we will expand this service over time, in line with National policy, to the separate collection of other recyclable materials which will encompass food waste and other compostable materials additional services may be provided by your operator and will be advised accordingly.
- We will offer a “2 Bin” or “3 Bin” service (to facilitate the segregation of residual waste, recyclables and where appropriate, food/bio waste) in line with the relevant regulations in relation to food/bio waste [the European Union (Household Food Waste and Bio-waste) Regulations 2013]. The frequency of collection will be as follows:
- Residual Waste Bin - in line with the European Union (Household Food Waste and Bio-waste) Regulations 2015
- Recyclable Waste Bin - at least every fortnight
- Food & Bio Waste Bin -in line with the European Union (Household Food Waste and Bio-waste) Regulations 2015
Communication With Customers
- We will explain clearly what services you can expect to receive.
- We will provide you with a clear and concise billing which will allow you to understand all elements of the costs involved in providing your waste services.
- We will inform all customers availing of a domestic waste collection service at least 10 days in advance of any predictable alternative arrangements made for collection in relation to public holidays etc.
- We will keep you informed of any changes in our service that are designed to improve our service offering.
- At the time of initial service provision each customer will be provided with details of their service providers, full name, address, contact details (web site, phone number, email, postal address) a clear breakdown of pricing policy for provision of service, methodology for receipt of payments, methodology for cancellation of service provision.
- All customers will have a cooling off period of 7 days from the signing of their contract.
- We will advise the customer by post 30 days prior to expiry of their contract that their contract is about to expire, detailing any price increases for the following year, or any changes to the terms of service.
Help Us Help You
- Reduce, reuse and recycle as much as possible in order that we can conserve precious natural resources.
- Refer to national and regional campaigns that seek to help you reduce your waste production.
- Present your waste materials, properly segregated and placed in their respective bins/ receptacles.
- Do not contaminate the various recyclable bins with non-recyclable waste. This may lead to withdrawal of service or financial penalties being applied to you.
- Waste materials presented in separate bags/receptacles cannot be collected without prior agreement organised by the company.
- Pay your bill in a timely manner so as to ensure that there is no interruption of service. In case of billing enquiries or bill payment queries we can deal with most of these over the phone, but should you wish to contact us in writing please allow 10 business days to respond.
- In the event that you have difficulty paying your outstanding bill please contact us directly as soon as possible to resolve this issue and work a payment plan out.
- We reserve the right to withdraw service provision either permanently or temporarily due to non-payment of outstanding bills.
- National policy places an onus on all householders to be able to prove that they are availing of an authorised waste collection service or are otherwise managing their waste in an environmentally acceptable manner, in accordance with legislation.
- Please ensure that you retain the necessary records if you change service supplier or utilise other legally authorised routes.
- Contact us as your waste management service supplier if you have any queries on how best to manage any of your waste materials.
Pricing, Charging, Mechanism And Access To Account Information
- The range of service and costs for service provision will be clearly communicated to each customer.
- New customers will receive information on charging and pricing structures at the time of sign up, whether over the phone, email, or hard copy application form.
- Any changes to the terms and conditions of the business will be communicated to customers in a timely manner.
- National policy has moved towards a position where all customers will be billed according to the quantity of waste that they produce (pay by weight/use/volume). This is in line with EU polluter pays principle.
- IWMA members are committed to adopting this methodology and will be phased in over time in line with the natural timelines.
- You will be notified in advance of the changes involved and the benefits
- Customers shall receive a copy of their account information including statement/balances upon request.
Complaints And Raising Awareness
- Collectors Contact Details:
- CDS Waste Management,
- Co. Tipperary.
- Tel: 051640924
- Mobile: 0876750252
- You are entitled to a fair and reasonable hearing when you have a genuine complaint or dispute and the company commits to resolving your issues as quickly as is reasonably possible.
- We will respond to formal complaints we receive in a timely and professional manner.
- Billing disputes are handled on a case by case basis and recorded. We will liaise with you directly to resolve this matter.
- Dispute resolution including withdrawal of service will be in line with the company policy available on the company website or which is sent out by post on request. This will be fair and equitable process in line with good consumer policies.
- Complaints will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Education and Raising Awareness
- We shall implement an education and awareness programme in relation to waste management for householders that we service.
- This will be via promotional literature that we provide directly to you and via our web site. Information shall be available to all customers clearly indicating waste types applicable to each bin and how to present material for recycling.
- We shall work with other national bodies in promoting waste prevention, reduction and recycling e.g EPA/Repak etc
- What Goes in each bin:
- Red Bin – Waste
- Ashes (Must be cooled and tied in a bag)
- Tin Foil
- Aero board
- Contaminated & Wet Paper
- Yellow Bin – Recycling
All types of drinking cans/ soft drinks and alcohol
All types of plastic soda bottles
Baking soda tins
Biscuit boxes and tins
Butter/margarine containersCake boxes
Cake mix boxes
Calendars and diaries
Copies and Manuscripts
Cream and cottage cheese cartons
Cream tubs and bottles
Dish washer tablet and salt boxes
Disposable cups: paper and plastic
Disposable plates: paper and plastic
Disposable table cloths
Fabric Softener and stain remover containers
Food tins (clean)
Frozen food containers
Fruit containers: trays and plastic tubs
Greeting cards and gift wrap
Ice cream containers
Kitchen towel tubes
Liquid detergent bottles and boxes
Magazines and holiday brochures
Pet food tins (clean, plastic and paper also)
Pre-packed meat containers
Razor blade cardboard sleeves
Rinse aid bottles
Shampoo, shower gel, conditioner containers
Soft drink bottles
Soup cans and cartons
Sweet tins and boxes
Tea bag boxes
Toilet tissue tubes
Tuna and salmon tins
Washing up liquid bottles
Liquid soap containers
- Brown Bin (Food/Bio)
- Garden Waste
- Grass Cuttings
- Pine Cones
- Hedge Clippings
- Hair (Human & Pet)
- Saw Dust & Wood Shavings
- Food Waste (Meat, Fish & Poultry cooked & uncooked)
- Leftover food
- Bread & Cereals
- All types of Pasta/Rice/Noodles
- Coffee Grounds and Filters
- Dairy – Cheese & Yogurts
- Fruit & Vegetables (Rotten & Peels)
- Tea Bags/ Tea Leaves
- Egg Shells Paper Towels/Napkins
Termination of Service/Refunds/Changing Service Providers
- Should you wish to terminate your service provision, please advise us by telephone or in writing giving us 30 days’ notice.
- We will remove our bins by arrangement with you and any balance owing on your account, after a Cancellation Charge (if applicable) is deducted, will be refunded to you within 30 days.
- When switching providers you may be asked to provide proof that all outststanding bills have been paid to the previous provider.
- If requested we can provide a receipt and confirmation for your next service provider that your account is paid in full.
- A new provider is entitled to request this document and if applicable will be in their Terms and conditions of business.
Changing Equipment And Ownership Of Bins
- At the time of initial service provision, by agreement each customer will be supplied with the appropriate bins/ receptacles sized to service their specific needs.
- The bins provided for service collection remain the property of the service provider. In case of changing equipment/ceasing service/ changing service provider your old bins must be left empty and easily accessible for collection by arrangement of the service provider.
- This charter does not affect your statutory rights in any way and provides a simple interpretation of our commitment to you, our customer, and what we expect in return, to help ensure that you are provided with the best service level possible.