At CDS Waste Management, keeping our staff, our customers, and the public safe is our top priority.
- Presenting your wheelie bin.
- The following are official Government Recommendations on wheelie bin presentation to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
- • Bins to be presented on the evening before scheduled collection.
- • Handles of Bins to be cleaned with disinfectant where possible before and after presentation.
- • Wipes, cloth, gloves etc. used for cleaning can be placed in your general waste bin.
- • A no-handshake policy is in place – we are not being unfriendly, just following guidelines
- Managing Your Waste When Self-isolating/quarantine for Suspected COVID-19.
- if you are self-isolating/quarantined please manage your waste in accordance with HSE Guidelines.
- • Put all the waste that you have used, including tissues and masks, in a plastic rubbish bag.
- • Tie the bag when it is about three-quarters full. Place the plastic bag in a second bin bag and tie the bag.
- • Treat all cleaning waste in the same way.
- • After that, the bags can be put out for collection in regular domestic waste.
- Ensuing A Safe and Untreated Service:
- CDS Waste Management is actively responding to this evolving situation to ensure continuity of service.
- • We have a Company Wide Contingency Plan in Place.
- • All our staff have been briefed on best practice guidelines in prevention of virus spread.
- • All our staff are issued with hand sanitisers in their collection vehicle.
- • All our staff are issued more regularly with new Protective Wear (for example gloves) to aid hygiene.
- • We have undertaken capacity planning to ensure that we have enough facilities, vehicles and staff available to us to complete our collections.
- • There are limits being placed on customer site visits and visitor/customer meetings at our offices until further notice.
For further information please see: